Tips for Getting Ready for Your Makeup Appointment
Even if your makeup artist has a bag full of tools that can make your eyes glitter like there's no tomorrow and conceal under-eye bags and blemishes, makeup can only enhance your natural beauty so much. Proper skin preparation is the secret to a perfect, smooth, and long-lasting makeup application. If you're wondering what steps to take, you've come to the right place. The tasks you should do on the day of the event and in the hours leading up to it have been laid out for you.
How Can I Prepare in the Week Prior?
Even a month before your visit, your skin's state on the day of the appointment might be affected by how you've been caring for it.
What you should do in the week before your scheduled session is as follows:
1. Two or three times a week, exfoliate. We highly recommend doing this daily to exfoliate any dead skin from the surface of your face before applying makeup.
2. Get hydrated. Drinking enough water is beneficial for your health in general, but it also aids in maintaining supple, moisturized skin. Absolutely everyone needs this, right? It may also help with dark under-eye circles and face puffiness.
3. Avoid acne-causing products. Why would I do it on reason? You might be wondering. But we know some of you have a particular foundation or other product that screws up your complexion, but you know it makes you look beautiful at the time, and you stick with it because you know it. Don't give in to the temptation!
4. You shouldn't go crazy. Although now may seem like a good time to use every face mask and skincare product in your arsenal, you should hold off. When it comes to cosmetics and skincare, less is more. Some people get excellent results with 20-step skincare regimes, while others have plugged pores and the opposite. Extra product usage, mainly if your skin isn't acclimated to it, might have the opposite effect and worsen it.
5. Bring your favorite items to your appointment.
We always ask our customers if they have a favorite or want to try a new lipstick they can touch up throughout the day. We also offer a treat-yourself upgrade with cosmetic maintenance essentials like lip gloss and face powder.
How Can I Prepare the Day Before?
Even if you found this and your consultation is tomorrow, don't panic; you can begin with this. Make tomorrow a better day for your makeup artist by checking off these things today.
1. Apply lotion to your skin! Again, the secret to a flawless, long-lasting makeup application is well-moisturized skin. The day before your appointment, do this twice: once in the morning and once in the evening.
2. Before your visit, exfoliate two to three times. The day prior is the most excellent option for one of those days. This will ensure that you wake up to soft, smooth skin.
3. Makeup should NOT be worn to bed. New breakouts, puffiness, and dryness are all possible outcomes of this. Please take care of yourself and your makeup artist by washing your face after each use of cosmetics.
Please feel free to forward this to anybody you think will benefit. Please don't hesitate to contact us. If you have any questions, we’re here to help.